Friday, March 1, 2013

finding Zen


During my recent 17 day stay in the hospital one of the "bright spots" was that my room faced directly east and I had an unobstructed view of the Sierra Nevada foothills and the sunrise. Hospitals are not the greatest place to catch up on your sleep so I found myself awake every morning at about 5:30 AM.
It quickly became my ritual to position my wheelchair so that I could watch the sunrise. I would sit there for probably 45 minutes to get the full effect. Almost every morning someone would stick their head in my room and ask "what are you doing?", Invariably my answer would be "enjoying the sunrise, of course". Some people got it but more often I think they walked away scratching their heads.
Search for, capture and enjoy the Zen moments in life as they're presented to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment