Sunday, August 31, 2014

Living an Exceptional Life

I get really tired of diabetics (and others dealing with chronic illnesses) complaining of not being able to live a normal life.

What is normal?

Well according to Webster ...
nor·mal adjective \ˈnȯr-məl\
: usual or ordinary : not strange
: mentally and physically healthy

Okay I am certain that I am not living a normal life but does that make it abnormal?

Again from Mr Webster ...
ab·nor·mal adjective \(ˌ)ab-ˈnȯr-məl, əb-\
: different from what is normal or average 
: unusual especially in a way that causes problems

Uh ... I'm voting no on abnormal. Instead I am choosing to live an exceptional life.

Once more ...
 ex·cep·tion·al adjective \ik-ˈsep-shnəl, -shə-nəl\
: not usual : unusual or uncommon
: unusually good : much better than average

Not only is it accurate it is inspirational as well as aspirational.

As a stroke survivor and diabetic I am statistically 'unusual', and since adopting a health focused lifestyle I would certainly argue that I am much better than average in diet, exercise and overall health.

It's all a matter of perspective.

 “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.”  - Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment