Friday, February 13, 2015

it's right there in your name ...

I like coffee. I like coffee a lot. I am not a coffee snob ... "my order" is ... "your largest, darkest coffee, with room, please". I will NEVER EVER say venti, but that's a whole 'nother post. Yes, I like half 'n half and sweetener in my coffee. I drink coffee, not mocha-frappe-capu-choco-lattes. My favorite "coffee" shop is Peet's, but as they are omnipresent, I do stop at Starbucks from time to time.

Two days ago Chris and I stopped at a convenient Starbucks on our way to do some shopping. I placed my usual order and was told that they would need to brew more but that it would just be a couple minutes. It ended up taking 15 minutes (for reasons not clear to me) but I got a $4 gift card for my inconvenience. Yesterday we stopped at our regular Peet's on the way home from medical appointments And was told after placing my usual order that they would have to brew more but it would take just a minute, which it did and was assured that "hey, it will be fresh".

I don't mind waiting, really I don't. What I find amusing is that I seemed to have surprised them by ordering coffee. You are a coffee shop ... it is right there in your name. Do you really think it wise to wait until someone orders coffee to start making more? How 'bout when you empty the pot (or whatever you call it) that you fire up another ... after all you are a coffee shop, and as to the assurance that it will be fresh ... that is pretty much my assumption each and every time I walk in since you are a (say it with me) COFFEE SHOP!

All this reminded me of the time in Chico when I stopped, during the middle of the day, at "The Cookie Shop" to buy some cookies as a surprise present for Chris. To my disbelief I was told "we're out of cookies" ... but hey, they had coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment